Generation Hope canceled with #17

Series writer James Asmus has confirmed that Generation Hope will be ending with issue #17 as has been speculated by fans. From his recent interview with Comic Book Resources:
Yes, the book is ending with issue #17.  I will say (as I did a month ago) that these were the five issues I planned from the beginning.  You can read all the old interviews where I promised to get to the betrayal, and I knew I had to do it before “Avengers vs. X-Men.”  The book was already under 20K copies when I took over, so while I figured there was a chance to tie into “AvX,” the way the market and the event developed, a “Generation Hope” tie-in doesn’t make sense… When Marvel first asked me to hop on the book last summer, I was told that they wanted me to take the book up to “AvX”.  Sales were already below the 20K copy mark, so there was the expectation that unless a market-miracle happened, the book probably wouldn’t keep going after the first five issues.
cover for April's Generation Hope #17, the final issue

Comments