Comics and Beer- The Perfect Combination

Comics fans across the country now can have the best of both world starting this week with Arcade Brewery's Festus Rotgut Ale six pack. Each bottle's label in the six pack tells a sequential comic story by creators Jason Aaron and 'Walking Dead' artist Tony Moore.

The six pack comic series was the brainchild of Moore and Arcade Brewery co-founder Lance Curran. According to Curran:
I’m a huge comic book guy. I have a pull list that I grab every week, and I’ve been reading comic since I was a kid. Almost any project I do, I try to incorporate comic books into it. And with my job at Threadless I work with different comic book artists on t-shirt designs. Tony Moore was one of the first comic artists to work with me on some comic-themed T-shirts. We were also working on a video together called “Welcome to Zombie Town With Tony Moore,” for Threadless. And right around the time we were filming, I started working on the brewery with my partner, Chris Tourre. I started talking to him about the idea of the brewery, and asked him if he’d be willing to be involved. He was super excited about it. That’s a thing I’ve found with a lot of comic book artists and writers: They’re hungry for the chance to work on something different outside of usual medium and have a new challenge.
For more and to see all 6 labels, please click HERE.






Comments