Batman #13: Scott Snyder and the Joker bring Death to the Family

Following this week's conclusion to the Nite of the Owls in Batman #11, writer Scott Snyder will be gearing up for the Joker's return to comics in Batman #13, the start of the 5 part 'Death of The Family' storyline. The Joker has not been seen since last year's Detective Comics #1 where writer/artist Tony Daniel had the villain Dollmaker actually remove the face of the Killer Clown.

Snyder has been describing the story as his "love letter" to the character of the Joker. Says Snyder...
"So this is my exploration of those things in a way that's meant to be as big and as broad and as deep as I could go. It's not just a Joker story. This is really my big exploration of the Joker myself, in the way that I don't know that I'd ever use him again after this, in the way that this is my huge Joker story, my personal Joker story to end all Joker stories, you know?"
He goes on to say more about the basis of the story as well. After being out of Gotham for a year plotting and planning he is back and ready for revenge on the whole Bat family. Look for him to show up in several other Bat titles during the storyline.

Check out Greg Capullo's cover for Batman #13 below.

For more of Snyder's interview about Batman: Death of the Family click HERE.


Comments